Legal Services – Competition Law in Austria and the EU
“He is very clear, comprehensive and practical.“
“Peter Thyri is known for his capabilities in competition matters, and noted in the market for his academic knowledge of the area of law and impressive experience in the field.” CHAMBERS EUROPE 2018/2019
THYRI BRIEFS 1/2016 on ARA-decision of the EU Commission online
Competition Counseling & Research
I have been active in the field of international economic law for almost two decades. In legal practice as well as academic work, I put a strong focus on open markets, competition law and policy as well as competition enforcement. An outstanding international education, excellent foreign language skills and extensive professional experience in the US and Europe allow me to effectively tackle the challenges clients face in an increasingly interconnected economic environment. Driven by practical interest and academic curiosity, I have gained valuable insights in a variety of industry sectors that I can put to use in my daily work. I represent internationally listed companies as well as privately owned SMEs, national governmental bodies as well as the European Commission and always find swift and reliable solutions at reasonable rates. In my work, I combine my academic interest in the development of the legal framework with the needs of the case at hand in order to deliver tailor-made expertise and successful solutions – competition counseling & research.
Latest / Calender
- Peter Thyri shortlisted by Who’s Who Legal for Future Leaders 2017 – a guide to the world’s leading competition experts aged 45 or under.
- Chambers Europe 2017 recognize PETER THYRI as an “established name in domestic and European competition law”
- Peter Thyri quoted by Gobal Competition Review (GCR) on ARA fine imposed by European Commission
- Peter Thyri on Chillin’Competition: The ARA “consent decree” – a new enforcement tool for abuse cases ante portas?
- Peter Thyri invited by Croatian Competition Authority to speak on implementation of Damages Directive, Zagreb, December 5, 2016.
PETER THYRI is an established name in both domestiv and European competition law. (2017); Peter Thyri receives praise for his litigation ability before the European courts and Austrian competition authorities. Clients note: “He is very clear, comprehensive and practical.” (2016); Sources regard Peter Thyri as a visible and respected name on the Austrian competition Scene. (2015); Peter Thyri is well known for both his practical as well as his academic work.” (2014)Chambers Europe
Listed in Future Leaders 2017 – a guide to the world’s leading competition experts aged 45 or under; Who’s Who Legal 2015:„Peter Thyri is a great problemsolver who always provides a high quality service to his clients.“Who’s Who Legal
Best Lawyers: “Peter Thyri was ranked by his peers in The Best Lawyers in Austria 2017 in the field of Competition / Antitrust Law.”The Best Lawyers